Saturday, July 26, 2008

Meditating on the Proverbial Manny

The kiddos have been out of town since Thursday and it's taken a few days to train my brain. For example, I was cleaning the house while listening to music (I know, what a vacation) and I swear I heard L chattering in the baby monitor. Also, I'd get out of the mini van and have to reassure myself that I didn't leave them in the car. I'm just about totally cured of my delusions and hallucinations today (sat.) and miss L comes home tomorrow.

The dogs, regrettably, are now SPOILED. (Hey, I guess we had to spoil someone.) Our German Shepherd is now officially the whine gold medalist in our house (he's whining, as I type, with his big red rubber ball in mouth ready to fetch) but when miss C comes home she's sure to regain her title and remain the reigning whine champion. I miss her sweet little munchkin voice.

It's back to mommy-ing tomorrow. I did get loads of laundry done and watched some TV. It was nice doing chores in silence and being able to turn up trance/techno music while working out and not worrying about waking the children. I also drove around and looked at neighborhood prospects for the near future without complaint from the little munchkins who are usually in the backseat wanting/whining for teddy grahams or juice like little junkies jones in' for their next crack fix. Oh, how I miss my sweet little juice junkies but I'm thinking a Manny would be a nice addition to our daily household.

No comments: