Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Matchy-Matchy



We got out of the house today, finally. I say finally because it's been raining here for three days straight which makes it tough with a three-year-old and, not to mention, the dogs which have to be taken out on a leash to do their business. (No fence = daily bummer) Even tougher when the three-year-old insists on "helping" and holding the leash which inevitably gets "accidentally" dropped in a pile of muddy water which scares the Chihuahua and makes him bolt-off like he's been walking in the desert for days and finally spots a Taco Bell in the horizon. That's how I spell F-U-N! Chasing a tiny chihuahua who's wearing a small but very cute, yellow rain coat in my sweat pants and no bra- (yes I did, however, have on a shirt) in the rain and all the while ducking as if this would somehow make the neighbors not recognize me. Very embarrassing but in hind-sight funny situation - stressing the HIND sight here.
I guess this makes me one of those annoying girls who dresses their dogs in clothes and has to dress my daughters in matching outfits every now and then too. (and I guess this also makes me one of those annoying girls who doesn't wear a bra in public. Nice.) Yeah, you should have seen this spectacle - talk about Girls Gone Wild. I was wild alright- Steaming hot, also! But not with sex-appeal. Let's just say I felt a touch of frustration. Well, I got over it but it did make me second guess that time in South Padre on Spring Break when I turned down the chance to enter a wet tee-shirt contest. Not that I would actually ever enter one but because I know I will never EVER have that offer again in my lifetime it makes me second guess myself. Trust me, I won't go into the gory details but NEVER again will anyone think that I'm a candidate for that.
The rain is suppose to continue through this Friday. So I guess this means I need to head off to Pet-Smart to get a large but very cute yellow rain coat. We have a German Shepherd, Atticus. Gotta keep the pattern. Gotta keep the pattern.
ha. ha. Kidding. Kidding.

1 comment:

Jen said...

When my two girls were younger I always dressed them alike. They only let you do it for so long, so why not?