Thursday, May 24, 2007

Super Nanny! Where are you?!



Forget the terrible two's - that's mere child's play. The three's are up there with root canals, Ted Bundy, and blue cheese sprinkles. (yeah, I hate blue cheese; utterly revolting.)

Today started out pretty well. I did feel a little sleep deprived so I made coffee and all was well in mommy land. I was so inspired by Folgers Gourmet Selections that this post was originally going to be an "Ode to the Coffee Bean". Because, frankly, where would we be without the coffee bean, people?

I started feeling confident about finishing the laundry and maybe even sneaking in a Winsor Pilate's video (which is almost a necessity after a c-section) and, besides, getting on a regular workout schedule again is a personal goal of mine. Oh yeah, I have kids under the age of five so forget any personal goals or hygiene for that matter. Instead, Chloe decided to use toilet paper as streamers and screamed at the top of her lungs because she wanted golden, not dark, raisins. Oh yeah, she also wants to go to Sesame Street to see Elmo, right NOW. And wants to go for a ride on a dolphin's back in the ocean with Ariel. Verruca Salt syndrome? Nah. It's called being three, I think.

We do have plenty of play dates, if you're wondering. She gets more than enough social interaction and, although sometimes exhausting, I pretend play with her daily. I guess this behavior is just a function of being Three?

If I remember correctly from child development classes, it's also the fact that past desires have consistently been fulfilled so she thinks that ANYTHING is possible. (Hence, the I Dream of Jeannie bottle idea I had around five; I think that was the age. I truly thought that if I rubbed on this bottle that a Genie would certainly come out. A very lucid memory.)

She's already ahead of me, she wants to slide, virtually fly, up and down the banister - she explained to me that she had a dream that me, her, and her daddy where all flying up and down the stair banister and when she woke-up she was ready and determined to make this happen. Ah, her first flying dream; she was amazed. I was amazed that she was telling me her dream and she wasn't quite three at the time. Any who, omg, I just typed any who - I don't ever say that - ewe.

Well, I guess this too shall pass. But in the mean time, I think I'll warm-up another cup of coffee and get Mr. Chicken (the time-out egg- timer) cranked and ready to roll!

No comments: